Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our drive was much more enjoyable than the boys'...
We couldn't leave without a bit more custard. Milwaukee's finest custard joint, Kopp's. Caramel Cashew was the flavor...it was meant to be.


Custard at Ted Drewes in St. Louis


The Gateway Arch in St. Louis. Eliza had an emergency potty situation. She peed behind a tree. About twenty seconds later we realized there was an underground visitors center--with bathrooms. Oops.



  Random playground in Amarillo, TX

All in all, it was a fantastic road trip. In the car Eliza napped, watched Dora, and ate her body weight in those cheesy Ritz Bitz and Ring Pops. She even slept surprisingly well in the hotel. That was the biggest shocker of all. :) Although we were sad to be away from Nora, I was thankful every minute of that road trip that she wasn't in the car with us.

Despite calling for roadside assistance three times and driving an average of 60 mph, the men arrived in one piece. Here we are dropping off the Roberts in Albuquerque.The saddest part of our trip! Good thing we stole a box of theirs so they have to come visit us in Phoenix.

5 comments:

Sarah Brunson said...

aww I love this post. I'm so glad your trip went so well. I'm sure Eliza loved having you and Kjirstin all to herself.

Sarah Brunson said...

Oh! and I meant to tell you:
Eliza's picture posing skills are superb. They seriously made me laugh so hard, she just explodes with personality. It's wonderful.

Jill said...

so weird that you guys are graduated and we've finished our first year of residency. i'm sure you will love arizona! the complete opposite weather of milwaukee. did you guys buy a house? i hope residency treats you well. at least you will be close enough to home to drive more often.

Camille said...

I'm so glad your trip went well and you've made it to AZ. How is the settling in coming? I hope it's not too scorching yet and that you are enjoying some exploring! Can't wait to come visit!

Lorri said...

Looks like a fun road trip! Hope the unpacking goes well.