Monday, June 15, 2009

Birthdays and Grammy!

Happy Birthday to me. I turned 24 on June 11th, and what a fabulous birthday it was! Taylor's mother, Jennifer, flew in in the early afternoon and we headed straight for the mall. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory (my favorite!) and had Spreckers root beer floats at home. Yum. I also received some very beautiful flowers from Jeff and Sarah Nance, pictured below. So thoughtful of them!
Our little family on my birthday!
Grammy and Liza
On Friday we headed out to the zoo. It was such a beautiful day to be outside! I really can't complain about 65 degree weather :) Eliza enjoyed seeing the animals. We think she imitated the "ooh, ooh, ahh, ahh" noise around the monkeys, but it could have been our imaginations. Whenever we ask "what does the ____ say?" she automatically makes the elephant noise, so we have some work to do with her. She did wave at the bears though, which is progress.
Eliza got a new carseat--I would imagine it's like driving in first class compared to her infant carseat.

We also went to a local Greek Festival with our soon-to-be landlord and a bunch of our friends. The food was so tasty. Sadly, no pictures. Eliza was at her wits end, so our stay was short. You know how it goes.

Saturday was my Taylor's birthday!! He turned the big 25. So old, so wise. We made ableskiver in the morning, went to the Bayshore Mall, and made stuffed pizza rolls and banana cream pie for dessert. Delicious.
Opening presents with Daddy.


Eating at Potbelly Sandwich Works. Eliza loves to drink out of a big girl cup. She probably drank an entire cup's worth of water. She also had an entire cup's worth down the front of her shirt, but we feel she's improving.


Sarah and Jeff came over again to share some birthday cheesecake with Taylor, seeing as Jeff and Taylor have the same birthday. Well, we were thinking right along those same lines and made some confetti cupcakes for Jeff. We are such nice people, aren't we.
Have you ever seen a more darling skirt? Grammy made it for Eliza's birthday. We must have gotten fifty compliments on it at church yesterday. One day I will be a good homemaker and sew Eliza's clothes. But for now, it's a good thing we have Grammy! We are so grateful to her for all she does for our family! It was wonderful to have her come stay with us.


5 comments:

Sarah said...

I still can't believe all three of your birthdays are so close. Busy month! You've done so many fun things with Jennifer in town. I bet you'll be sad for her to go (again, that is the cutest litle skirt!)

Chemene said...

That is amazing all your birthdays are so close. Ours are close, but not as close as yours. Looks like you had some good celebrations. That is the cutest skirt, and I also love the jelly shoes Eliza's wearing. She's so cute. Are you getting ready to move?

sarahflib said...

Happy birthday, Kaitlin and co. It looks like you had a great time!

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a fun week! After a week of partying, what WILL you do all year? heehee I would LOVE to find the pattern for that skirt - how adorable! I would love to make it for my girls. Can you find out for me? Happy birthday again, guys!

Brooke said...

again, happy birthday! you guys were busy, busy. i didn't even see you on sunday, so i never got to see that cute skirt. she looks adorable in it.