Thursday, January 22, 2009

7 Months Old!





This post is a little late, but I'd thought I'd give our adoring fans an update on Eliza. Most recently, Eliza

  • says "mamamama" indiscriminately
  • scoots backward on her tummy
  • devours her solid foods
  • screams whenever I attempt to nurse her
  • sleeps 12 hrs straight! no more nursing breaks for me at 3 am!
  • smiles all the time
  • has not, will not, and may not ever laugh, I fear
  • will vigorously kick her legs if you say "kick, kick, kick, kick, kick!"
  • has a severe case of separation/stranger anxiety
  • makes tsunami-like waves in the bathtub
  • sits up like a champ
  • when in the sitting position performs a semi-graceful lunge forward that often results in a bonked head
  • prefers to be held at all times
  • gets super excited when we play with her new baby dolls
All in all, we love our little Liza. She's been a lot of work lately, but we are so thankful that she's ours and that we get to take care of her. She brings so much happiness to our lives.

3 comments:

Camille said...

I can't believe she's sitting up, almost crawling, and sleeping so well! Congrats! :) That is a glorious day, isn't it? Also, those pictures are absolutely adorable, as usual! I wish we could see you guys more often. That darling little Eliza is growing way too fast!

Anonymous said...

I'll vouch for the stranger anxiety. I had never had a baby treat me like I was one of the horsemen of the Apocalypse until a few weeks ago...

Anonymous said...

Cute