Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Our little family had a great Valentine's weekend. On Friday night we dropped Eliza off at our dear friends, the Leiters, and headed to Stir Crazy, a new Asian restaurant nearby. We definitely enjoyed the food, but decided (well, I decided) that P.F. Changs was better food for your buck. We stopped by Kopps on the way home for some Loverboy custard...who could ask for a better date night?! The next morning we opened our Valentine's gifts. I received 3 Yankee candles to make our home smell oh so sweet, Taylor got stylin' jeans, and we bought Eliza these nifty, psychedelic balls. She enjoyed them for maybe three minutes and discarded them. But it's the thought that counts, I say. We then undertook a great undertaking and made a Red Velvet cake. We wanted to be festive and I do believe we succeeded. Taylor technically made the cake, and I the frosting. The pictures don't do it justice, flash or no flash did not portray the rich redness of the cake, but use your imagination. We ate more than we should have. Taylor tried to tell me it was healthy...but not even my "scope of the imagination" could convince me. (Name that book/movie and I will give you a prize.) I certainly do LOVE my family and I am thankful that they love me and choose me after all my blunderings and blindness. (Name that book/movie and I will be impressed. Impress me, Emily, impress me.)

Eliza wanted to hold all of the balls.
Once again, she loves the wrapping better than the actual gift. Can you see that smile beneath the binki? So sweet!

Us
Chef Taylor
The Red Velvet Cake...with only 1 oz. of red food coloring.

4 comments:

Jill said...

fun cake! and stalking, no no, simply finding a little bit more about you ladies.
with that red velvet cake you made i'll expect some excellent desserts for your time in young women's.

Erik said...

I do love the red velvet cake. Taylor looks hot in that apron.

Emily said...

AoGG; MP.

Camille said...

What a fun valentines! That cake looks delicious! And those are super cute pictures of Eliza.