It's hard to put into words what Match Day was like. It was something else. Overwhelming. There was a buzz in the air. People were cheering, screaming, jumping, crying (tears of joy, and yes, sadness too). Match Day is something you hear about and anticipate since the beginning of medical school, and it was even better than I'd imagined.
Each student had to contribute a dollar upon receiving their match envelope. The last one to receive their envelope gets the pot--about $200. We were fourth to last. It was a heck of a long time to wait and not come out with an extra $200 :) I'm trying not to be disappointed but I really felt like we'd get it...
So we matched in Phoenix, AZ! We can't wait. We will be toasty, yes, but I think we'll really love it there.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
We Matched!
Posted by Kaitlin at 1:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congratulations!! Yay!
And I have your same shirt. Great minds...
These pictures reveal that maybe a little sun would do you good. Bwahaha :)
You look so so happy in those pictures. I love them! Congratulations on matching in such a lovely warm place! Anyway, tell Taylor good luck for me and have fun on your next big adventure :)
Kaitlin you look beautiful. I love all the pictures. Congrats on the match, I am planning on heading that way sometime in your four years. :) We are super proud of Taylor...good work!
So excited for you guys! How fun that you matched the same place as Eric! still wish you were closer to Michigan though ;)
Congratulations, Kaitlin and Taylor! We are excited for you! Might as well make residency as great as possible by enjoying some nice, hot weather!
Post a Comment