Eliza and I returned home Wednesday night after a jam-packed week with our family! Our "vacation" got off to a rough start when my flight was delayed an entire day, but we finally made it safe and sound. I have decided, however, that I will no longer fly alone with Eliza on anything less than a direct flight. It's just too hard! One of the highlights of our trip was going to Bear Lake with the Wight side of the family. Unfortunately, it rained the entire Memorial Day weekend, but we had plenty to do inside our cabin.
Probably the biggest Wight family tradition is sleeping in. As it turns out, Eliza is a Merkley through and through, waking up at 6:15 every morning! The first day Eliza and I were up from our morning nap at 11:00 and, lo and behold, we were still the only ones up. We tried to stay entertained...
Grandpa and Eliza playing the second morning we were there. I must have done a decent job guilt-tripping my family, because my dad and Brett joined us in the wee hours of the morning (8:00am??).Eliza loved playing on the swing set outside. My sister Allison took some hilarious pictures of Eliza practically falling asleep on the swing
I guess I only have them in miniature form since I stoll them off of Facebook :)


Getting ready for churchGranny came over for a visit the night before we left--it was so nice to see her! We ate spaghetti, as you can see.
Eliza's new thing is drinking out of a big-girl cup. And gosh she makes a big mess!
We attempted to take some pictures of Eliza, but one-year-olds are seriously wiggly.Eliza has a major fascination with dolls. This doll was almost as big as Eliza but she kept trying to lug it around everywhere she went. She got frustrated in the process, but it was so sweet to watch!
Up at the Merkley home in Wallsburg on Memorial Day! We had a tasty barbecue, and it was so great to see all of Taylor's family up there! We can't wait to see them again in August when Taylor's sister gets married :)Grammy!
Eliza and Cousin Elizabeth
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Home Again, Home Again
Posted by Taylor at 10:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a fun trip. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Im jealous you actually got to go home! I was afraid after I heard you had to wait a day that you were getting my luck with going home! :) We'll have to get together this week!
Dang it. I missed you. Actually, I miss you-- present tense. When you come back in August, I am going to crash the wedding so will for sure see you!
We'll have to play now that you're back. You look like you had a lot of fun with your fam. I can't believe they all sleep in that long!
Cute pictures Eliza! I can't believe she'll be one this week! Happy Birthday, sweet girl! Ryan misses pulling her to the ground and climbing on top.
Post a Comment