I think this Braves game was the absolute highlight of Taylor's entire life. Taylor intermittently looked over at me with stars in his eyes, saying something to the effect of "I don't think you understand how awesome this is" or "Do you realize how much fun I'm having?" And although I'm not that into baseball, I recognized the awesomeness of the game and had a really fun time as well. It's surprising how your fun can be exponentially increased when your wiggly one-year-old is sound asleep at a friends and your seats are so close that you can actually see what's going on :) Thank you so much, Rob, for taking us!
But I do think that sports fans (or maybe it is just these Brewers fanatics) take a little too seriously "root, root, root for the home team." Apparently if you do not comply, they throw popcorn at you, tell you to "sit your blankety, blank, blank, blank down," and heckle you until you "nark" to the security guards. And there we were just mind our own business. I never thought I had violent tendencies until this incident. But I do. So don't provoke me if I happen to wear my Braves hat in public.
Taylor and his dad went a couple hours early to watch a little batting practice.
Don't they just look giddy to be at the ball park?Three good-looking Braves fans, sticking out like a sore thumb. Note the popcorn-eating losers behind us.
I don't know who this is. But he must be cool if Taylor wanted a picture of him.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Braves vs. Brewers
Posted by Taylor at 12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You don't know who Chipper Jones is? He is pretty cool. If your husband is that big of a Braves fan, you should know who he is by now. Just kidding. Those are awesome seats, and you guys do stick out like sore thumbs. I love baseball games at Brewers stadium. Too bad people were rude and threw popcorn at you.
I wish I would have been there to throw popcorn at you! GO BREWERS! :) Hope all is well with you guys. We miss you and Milwaukee, even if you are Braves fans.
I was thrilled that it was popcorn that they were throwing at us instead of their beers... on second thought, who would throw a $7 beer at some well behaved Brave fans? BTW the Braves won 9 to 4. Go BRAVES!
Taylor I can't believe our wives don't know who Chipper Jones is. Who was pitching for them when you went? That must have been a blast, and it looks like your seats were great. Let's just hope they can catch the Phillies, or at least snag the Wild Card spot.
haha, sometimes men are lucky if their wives are even WILLING to go to game anyway, right?! I say, cheer for whom you wish, and live and let live... boo to the rude ones
Post a Comment