We met up with some friends at the Big Backyard last week. Eliza loves this place. I'm hoping in the near future we won't have to pay $8 to play on a playground, just wander over to the park for free. Seriously, it's April! Warm up already!!
Eliza's obsession with Nora seems to be waning. Slowly. She still adores her, of course, but the constant smothering is lessening. Eliza loves to lie on the floor next to Nora and play with her. Sometimes she'll lay on top of her while Nora pulls on her hair--they both think this is very funny. Eliza also likes to put her finger in Nora's mouth so Nora can suck it like a binky. Whenever Nora is sucking her own fingers Eliza says "No eating your fingers, Nora. Only eat Mommy's milk!"
My dad came into town a couple weeks ago. I am so thankful for such a supportive family. All it took was a bit of an emotional breakdown while talking to my mom on the phone, and my dad planned a trip the next morning. Unfortunately, Eliza was sick and cranky the majority of my dad's stay, but we managed to have a lot of fun. We visited the Domes, ate at Maggianos (this has become a tradition), baked and baked baked, watched movies (Tron...worst movie ever, the Tourist...I recommend it), and played with Grandpa's IPad.
Nora is getting so big. She is still just as cheerful as ever.
Her serious face.
Eliza is into hair. I'm thinking this has something to do with her recent infatuation with Tangled. Last week I returned to teaching preschool after a lengthy postpartum break. At the very end of preschool is play time. I went to check on the kiddos and Eliza was taking out her friend Katelyn's hair elastics and spraying her hair with detangler and hairspray. Eliza was thrilled to have willing subjects because I generally don't like her to use the hair products on me :)
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Posted by Kaitlin at 6:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I liked Tron! Nick is obsessed with the music. Haha and why are you making Valentines cookies?! You need to be making Easter egg cookies now!
Post a Comment