Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fiesta Time!

This last weekend was our ward fiesta. It was quite an event! First of all, I think that every family in the entire ward was in attendance. I've never seen anything like it. There were pinatas to hit, dancing--featuring the limbo and the chicken dance (which, apparently, originated in Wisconsin...there's something to brag about), and lots and lots of dip. Each family was asked to bring something that could be eaten with a chip. I opted for corn and bean salsa. It was a disaster. It was stinky. Taylor says I didn't use Roma tomatoes, but I swear I did. The ward then voted on the best dip. I didn't win, but Taylor's friend did say that my salsa changed his life, so I did get a shout-out from the DJ. So there you have it...couldn't have been that stinky. All in all, we're really excited about our new ward. We've loved making new friends each week at church and at all of the activities. I'm forecasting a promising four years.
The fam
Liza
The ward
Daddy and Baby Eliza. Can you tell she's enjoying her fingers? I just wish she could find them when she's trying to take a nap. If I stick that binki in her mouth one more time...
Mommy and Child

8 comments:

Abs said...

That's great that you like your ward. That's were we've made our greatest (best?) friends out here, and it makes all the difference.

Camille said...

That looks so fun! I'm so glad you like your ward and that you have fun activities. Yay! And I'm sure your salsa was delish, especially since the DJ commented on it! I would have eaten it fur sure. :)

Anonymous said...

When you said binki, all I saw was bikini. I read it 5 times wondering why you would stick a bikini in Eliza's mouth! We want more pictures of baby!

The 258th Element said...

I think Taylor needs to shave.

Emily said...

you are so beautiful! and eliza keeps getting prettier. congratulations on your ward socializing and dip experiment.

Brooke said...

That fiest seriously was crazy!
I'm not sure if I did taste your dip-there were so many there. But I know if I did, it would have been amazing.

Ashlee said...

Hey- Were are going private on our blog and I want to add you to our list. Send me your email address so I can forward an invite to you, so you can still check out our blog..

ashleewright07@gmail.com

Ali Holt said...

Hey Kaitlin! Great to stumble upon your blog! this is Ali ( Hair ) Holt by the way! Your baby is darling!!! Keep in touch!