Sunday, October 19, 2008

Family Gathering

My mom invited our entire extended family to dinner on Sunday night. Taylor laughed at me when I told him my mom was throwing Eliza and me a "party," but I think I deserved a party after being away from Salt Lake for an entire two months. And boy were we the life of the party. Eliza screamed for awhile, spit up most of her milk, played with her relatives, took a little nap, screamed some more, and gnawed on a celery stick. (How long does this teething thing last???) It was so great to see everyone and catch up on their lives. Everyone was disappointed that Taylor wasn't with us and pitied him greatly when they learned that he suffered through 5 tests this week! Eh. What a nightmare! We've loved spending this time in Utah, but are excited to go home to Taylor on Tuesday!
Me and my sister Allison
My aunt Anity and the baby
The aforetold celery stick.
My Grandma Wight and Uncle Larry
Family
More family
Allison once again
Allison, my mother, Aunt Lysa, and Liza

5 comments:

Missy said...

Great pictures! Eliza looks like the gerber baby, with those chubby cheeks :) Hey and that is crazy that Rilie (sp?) Hintze is your grandmother. It is the smallest world! Next time you see her, tell her hi from us and that we are loving Finland!

Brooke said...

It looks like you're having fun with the fam.
I'm so sorry we went without you! I meant to call, but let me explain. My cousin is having us babysit her kids in Chicago from the 23-27. That is the last weekend in October. Tyler wouldn't have been able to go with us if we waited. I'm sorry. But I would be SO happy to go again.
We totally missed you on Sunday. We're excited for you to come back!

Camille said...

It looks like you are having lots of fun in Utah! Eliza is so cute! I'm glad you were able to spend time with family and I'm sure they were SO glad to see you and your darling Eliza. :)

AlliSMiles said...

Ok, you need to tell me when you're in town next so I can see you and Eliza!

Chemene said...

How fun! Families are great. Hope you have a fun time until you have to come back. At least you missed test week. Hopefully your husband survived. It was pretty brutal.