Monday, November 24, 2008

This Weekend

Taylor and I dined at the Cheesecake Factory on Friday night for our anniversary. Our good friends Amy and Patrick and their little Natalie babysat Eliza while we ate. I was needlessly worried about leaving Eliza (I hadn't left her in 4 months! It felt so strange!), but when we got back to the Leiters' house, this is what I saw:
She clearly didn't miss us a bit, in which case I just might pawn her off more often.

Eliza tried sweet potatoes last night. Her face was expressionless throughout the feeding, but I can only assume that she liked them because she opened up wide and snarfed every bite we gave her.


My friend Devenee loaned Eliza her Bumbo and play saucer, and they've been an absolute life-saver! Eliza is thrilled to be sitting up like a big girl and playing with awesome new toys! Thanks Devenee!



4 comments:

Camille said...

Those are adorable pictures! I'm glad you guys were able to go out by yourselves...it's a nice treat, huh? I love those rare moments. :) That's great that your friend lent you those awesome baby items. I have neither of those, but hear they are both awesome! How fun for Eliza and a nice break for you!

Anonymous said...

I love her little triangle mouth in the sweet potato pictures!

Brooke said...

Look at how content she is with Amy. It really is a good thing to leave them every once and a while.

The Leiters said...

We will babysit anytime, it gives Amy that so called "baby fix." She loves kids, especially Eliza.